Potomac River Cleanup
Starts in 8 Days, 14 Hours
August 18, 2019 9:00 am
8 and up
We will clean a section of the Virginia shoreline of the Potomac (Riverside river and trail). Be sure to reserve your seat as they are limited. Weather backup date is 8/25. PLEASE RESERVE YOUR PLACE at: email@example.com WITH THE NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS IN YOUR GROUP. We will be renting the canoes for the event, so, if at any point you can not attend, please let us know to fill that spot
Canoes, river rafts, life jackets, paddles, and professional river guides from River & Trail Outfitters, www.rivertrail.com will be provided at no cost to participants. Each event ends with free refreshments and special KLB commemorative T-shirts for all. For each canoeing and rafting event, KLB will transport participants upstream to where we will have a safety and orientation talk, and receive our life jackets, canoes, rafts, and refuse bags. We guarantee you’ll have fun while you clean up the Loudoun County waterways.
– All participants need to complete, sign, and return registration forms and liability waivers to take part in the canoeing and rafting events. NO EXCEPTIONS.Click on the two links to download these forms. For more information contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Must be at least 8 years old. All those under 18 will require signed permissions from parents or guardians. NO EXCEPTIONS.
– Wear clothing and sturdy footwear that are weather appropriate and can get wet and dirty. No sandals, open-toed shoes or bare feet. Changes of clothing left in your car are recommended for the end of all events.
– As needed, bring your own drinks in reusable bottles (Bottle free event) snacks, sunscreen, hats, gloves and rain gear. If you bring a camera, cell phone, car keys, or other items needing protection, bring a waterproof “dry” bag or container.
– KLB will bring water and lemonade in coolers, lunch, and all the cleanup supplies.